Self-Care Tips of the Week - 11.21.16
This week's roundup of things to try out!
In case you missed last week's, find it here!
- Draw a reflection of that day or what you are currently feeling - If you are a visual person like myself, this helps when you can't find the words to express the way you feel or how you experience something. Can also take pictures and make a collage if you aren't confident with your drawing skills!
- Start a gratitude journal - Even challenge yourself to do 30 consecutive days of gratitude (I found a great example full of prompts HERE!)
- Marie Foreleo - I first discovered Marie the summer of 2015 and have been hooked ever since. Life coach and creator of MarieTV, she has undeniably bright energy with a brilliant and uplifting approach. She states, "For as long as I can remember, I’ve been insatiably curious about human potential. I wanted to know, what exactly is it that makes people genuinely happy, successful and creatively fulfilled?" She produces everything through the lens of her token phrase, "The world needs that special gift that only you have."
- Gabby Bernstein's Beginners Guide to Meditation
- Any interviews with Iris Apfel - including this one with Leandra Medine
- Headspace - I use this app every single night before I go to sleep. It gives guided meditations to help improve your focus, exercise mindful awareness, relieve anxiety and reduce stress. Plus, Andy's voice.
- Sleep Pillow - A while ago and before I started using Headspace, I was having a really hard time at night silencing thoughts and falling asleep. I would find it very difficult to shut my brain off and relax, so I started putting my earphones in and using this app. It has different sounds such as white noise, ocean, birds chirping, etc that you can also set to a timer!
- Gabby Bernstein's new book The Universe Has Your Back
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Each Day a New Beginning: Daily Meditations for Womenby Karen Casey